Volunteering with the Kent Enterprise Trust
As well as work placement training to boost skills, gain experience and build confidence, Kent Enterprise Trust is always interested in those who would offer their time as a volunteer on a longer term basis.
Currently, the Trust is especially interested in filling the following roles:
Vacancy for Trustees
We are a well-established charity recognised for changing people’s lives by getting them into or back into employment or training for over 35 years. We run projects that generate an income to support the charity such as Kent Enterprise House where we provide office and customer service work experience funded by renting serviced offices and meeting rooms. We also have two Community Gardens where we provide horticultural and wood working experience to grow and sell our own produce, which are grant funded.
Kent Enterprise Trust (KET) is passionate about creating real opportunities and supporting people in overcoming individual challenges. We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to build confidence, learn and develop, improve their chances of employment and create a sustainable lifestyle.
All our trustees ensure that there is proper governance to determine strategic direction and ensure the development of its aims, activities. The position is voluntary requiring a commitment of around two to three days per month.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Represent KET to external stakeholders and develop the group as key charity in Kent
• Identify growth opportunities for KET, such as new contracts, partnerships and services
• Provide support and advice to the executive director to define the strategy and business plans
• Support the executive director on specific projects on areas of expertise when required
• Attend Board meetings each month and other meetings as required
• Ensure compliance with governing documents, company and charity law and other legislation
All trustees are required to have up to date DBS checks as part of our standard procedures.
For further information or to apply please sending details of what you feel you can contribute along with your CV to email@example.com or visit www.kententerprisetrust.org